This course is for evaluation practitioners and managers to improve their evaluation skills. During this course you’ll improve your ability to conceptualize evaluations, implement a participatory evaluation, and use evaluation to facilitate accountability and learning.
How will this course help you?
If you complete this course, you will get:
- Practical and easy to implement tips and skills that will strengthen the impact of your evaluations and strengthen your projects
- Know how to collect the most useful and insightful data
- Guidelines for choosing appropriate approaches for your evaluations
- Insights into participatory evaluation process that consider gender, equity and inclusion and encourage use
- A better overall evaluation experience
Who should attend?
- Evaluators, emerging evaluators, aspiring evaluators
- Evaluation managers, program managers
- Participants should have a basic understanding of monitoring and evaluation
What the course will cover
In this course you will learn how to:
- Design different types of user-focused evaluations
- Develop an evaluation framework
- Select an appropriate evaluation approach and appropriate evaluation methods
- Identify a suitable sample and data analysis framework
- Design quality evaluations that will help organisations to learn and improve on their social impact
- Develop a good Terms of Reference and proposal for an evaluation
Module 1: So what is evaluation all about
Module 2: Designing your evaluation
Module 3: Planning your evaluation
Module 4: Methods and approaches
Module 5: Getting the most out of your evaluation
The workshop content will be presented virtually, using Zoom. Learning resources will be provided including videos, recordings of online sessions, reading materials, podcasts, fun activities, quizzes, etc.
You will be required to submit one short compulsory assignment for certification.
Our methods are interactive, and you’ll be able to apply theoretical teachings to real-world case studies. Find out more about our methodology here.
Where, when and how much?
Registration dates: TBC
Duration and time commitment: 2 weeks, 34 hours in total. There will be a total of six 3-hour live virtual sessions (on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays) over the two weeks. Approximately 16 additional hours of self-study and exercises/assignments.
Where: The course will be delivered remotely online via Zoom and Google Classroom. We will provide support for these platforms during orientation. The session will be held in English.
Cost: R 8,450.00 excl. VAT / $ 549.25 (incl. comprehensive course materials and certificate)
- Early bird registration = 10% discount
- Signing up 3 or more persons from one organization = 10% discount
CLICK HERE for in-house booking inquires
Please contact Adéle at [email protected] for more information.