Should You Work With Us?
Are you passionate about strengthening social justice?
Do you want to help people and organisations to connect to their purpose?
Do you see yourself taking action for social justice by strengthening transformative processes?
If you’ve answered “Yes” to the questions above – then you should consider joining our dynamic team as an intern or joining our consultant network.
Founded in 2002, we are Southern Africa’s leading socio-economic development consultancy.
Our evaluation work is engaging and meaningful; our training and facilitation is fun and exciting.
Our specialist multi-role consultants are trainers, evaluators, researchers and facilitators, with a deep understanding of the social development field.
We hate boring and we have no time for stagnant, outdated methods. Southern Hemisphere brings planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning (PMEL) to life. We power up planning, magnify monitoring, elevate evaluation and lighten up learning to create tangible, impactful change.
Our ideal candidates should:
- Have completed an MA program in Social Sciences, Economics, Politics or Research Psychology (Note: both the coursework and thesis components should be complete)
- Be innovative, organised and flexible
- Be able to work independently
- Have a research background (subjects in qualitative and/or quantitative Research Methodology)
Please note: International students are required to make arrangements for their visa application; however, Southern Hemisphere provides support where needed.
The internship program is offered over a one-year period. Interns are required to work 40 hours per week.
Interns will be paid a monthly stipend for the period of the internship.
Interns will get invaluable experience and gain practical skills for development.
How to Apply to an Internship at Southern Hemisphere:
Email us your CV, together with a letter of motivation, highlighting:
- Your reasons for choosing Southern Hemisphere for your internship
- Your understanding of what we do as an organisation
- How you foresee us assisting you during your internship
- What you want to achieve during the internship
- The skills that you wish to develop / enhance during your internship
- The skills that you will be able to contribute to Southern Hemisphere
- A brief description of yourself as a person
Southern Hemisphere adheres to the South African employment equity framework.
Southern Hemisphere’s Consultant Network
We work with a wide network of external consultants across the globe.
We frequently team up with external consultants, many of whom are sector experts, development consultants, evaluators, trainers, and researchers.
Your time with Southern Hemisphere will give you the opportunity to connect with some of the most inspired and renowned minds in the field.
The consultants who join our team tend to want to stay, and often find in us a resource of both friends and collaborators for years to come.
If you’re an intern you can expect to enrich your future endeavors by equipping you with a comprehensive skill set which few organisations on the African continent can offer under one roof.
Please send your CV and covering letter highlighting your interest in working with us to: [email protected] or upload below.